Leader / Faciliator Tips at Small Group or Bible Study
* Open with Prayer inviting participants to open their hearts to invite the Holy Spirit in.
* In advance before meeting read over devotion and be prepared for material to share.
* Success = Being Heard Make sure everyone has opportunity to share.
* When reviewing discussion question. Go around and give everyone opportunity to talk.
* Share your thoughts on a discussion question but only after others have had opportunity.
* Encourage discussion by using follow up questions like “tell me more about…..such and such…..or could share more about what you meant when you said such and such”.
* As part of your preparation with devotion or bible study look how to apply scripture to current situations -either individually or as a group (eg. Mission team or trip).